I love biscotti and I love coffee! They are a perfect pair if you ask me. Almond and chocolate are also a perfect pair! A little crunch from the almonds and the cookie itself with a little sweetness from the chocolate chips–Yum! I did a couple batches of these and the second one turned out amazing!
I got this new coffee mug for my birthday! I love it so much! That morning was a great morning because of my new mug and delicious biscotti.
Each log is about 8 inches long and 3 inches wide. You can make it longer and skinnier for a smaller cookie slice, but this is how I like to make mine.
The biscotti logs after the first bake, about 20 minutes.
Make sure to let it cool before slicing. Then line them up for the second bake, which will give you the crunchy cookie you are looking for.
I love the chocolate in these!
You can drizzle these with more chocolate, but I thought they were great the way they are!
I hope you get a chance to enjoy these! They ARE worth making!
1/3 cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
2 tsp. Pure Almond Extract
2 ½ cups AP Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Baking Soda
¼ tsp. Salt
½ cup Sliced Almonds
½ cup Ghirardelli 60% Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Mix until combined.
- Add all dry ingredients-flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until mostly incorporated. Then add the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Continue mixing until dough comes together.
- Divide your dough into two logs that are approximately 8 inches long and 3 inches wide. You can estimate when dividing the dough or weigh out the total weight of the dough into grams or ounces. Then divide that in half. Mine was 436 grams or 15.4 ounces for each log.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes. It should be golden brown.
- Let it completely cool, 30-60 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the biscotti logs on an angle. Each slice should be about a ½ inch.
- Place slices with the wider side down touching the pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy with your favorite coffee!