These are my absolute favorite brownies!! And you know what they’re perfect for?… Brownie Sundaes topped with caramel sauce! They’re also good on their own. It’s one of my favorite desserts and summer time treats! And one of my mom’s favorites as well!
These brownies are so fudgy, chocolatey, and chewy! I haven’t found many brownies that even compare to these. I don’t normally add nuts to these, but they would be wonderful with pecans, walnuts, or even hazelnuts!
As with most of the things I bake, I used Ghirardelli chocolate chips (60% Semi-sweet). They are my favorite chocolate chips to use! I love a darker chocolate, and I think that they really take these brownies to the next level. I have made them with milk chocolate chips and they’re good, but not the same as when I use the darker chocolate chips. Use whatever you desire, but the dark chocolate is much better, in my opinion.
2 sticks butter, unsalted
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup AP flour
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (Optional but pecans, walnuts, or hazelnuts would be yummy!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 X 13 pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pot. Once melted, pour into a mixer with the paddle attachment. Add the cocoa powder. Mix. Scrape down the sides of the bowl after adding ingredients.
- Add the sugar and mix until incorporated. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste. Mix.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix well and finally add the chocolate chips and nuts if desired. Mix until combined.
- Spread the batter in the greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake until done, about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy on their own or with ice cream and caramel sauce! Yum!!