It doesn’t get better than this…right!?…I made these cookies last week because I was leaving to visit my sister, brother-in-law, and niece. I know how much they love my baking, so I thought what a great opportunity to create a new recipe. They’re very similar to my monster cookies except there’s no oats or butterscotch chips. I was going to use just M&Ms in them but then didn’t have quite enough, so I threw in half a cup of my favorite Ghirardelli chocolate chips! And I’m sure you could guess this, but they’ve been approved by my 2 year old niece!
I used all butter (unsalted), creamy natural peanut butter, and all brown sugar. They came out so much better than I thought. They are so soft, thick, and very chewy! My favorite!
I ended up making the cookie dough and chilling it for at least an hour and half because I had to go do some errands. I came back, turned on the oven, scooped, and baked. It worked great! You don’t have to chill them that long (20-30 minutes should work fine after scooping, before scooping–chill for about an hour). These cookies turned out oh so yummy!
I can’t believe that summer is almost over! I start my last semester of pastry school next week! It has been so much fun, and I am very excited for this last semester of classes! I will be learning advanced breads and plating desserts as well as running the student-run bakery. I hope you get a chance to make these cookies! They’re wonderfully delicious!
1 cup softened, unsalted butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 ¼ cup All Purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 ½ – 2 cups M&Ms
½ cup Ghirardelli 60% bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth. There should be no chunks of butter. Do not beat it too long or the cookies will spread.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time. Then add the vanilla. Scrape the bowl in between the addition of each ingredient.
- Measure all dry ingredients and add them after the eggs and vanilla. Mix on a slow speed a little. Finally, add them M&Ms and chocolate chips until combined.
- Scoop to desired size. My cookie scoop gave me yield of about 45 cookies. You can refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes to help decrease spread. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until done.